• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Waiting for a loss to post, that's cool.
    Sounds like someone else on the board.

Comment

• blueman
      blueman commented
      Editing a comment
      Haters gonna hate.
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sounds like someone else on the board.
    So, would you draft any of those guys on my list (and add in Gordon and Williams while you're at it) at the same spot as they were drafted by TT? Did he not trade some 3 4th round picks in his first 4 drafts? And finally, did he not hire McCoy?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post

So, would you draft any of those guys on my list (and add in Gordon and Williams while you're at it) at the same spot as they were drafted by TT? Did he not trade some 3 4th round picks in his first 4 drafts? And finally, did he not hire McCoy?
      Hindsight is such a wonderful gift. Remember, every single team in the league passed on Brady at least 5 times for other players.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Hindsight is such a wonderful gift. Remember, every single team in the league passed on Brady at least 5 times for other players.

Weak response, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to answer the question.

This has nothing to do with hindsight, it has to do with Telesco's draft record. To me I would grade him a low "C" or high" "D" in that category.

Comment

• vinabolt
          vinabolt commented
          Editing a comment
          Your "grade" mean nothing. It's some of the most stupid grades out there. My 6 years old son can "grade" draft picks too and probably make more sense than yours.
      • richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Weak response, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to answer the question.

This has nothing to do with hindsight, it has to do with Telesco's draft record. To me I would grade him a low "C" or high" "D" in that category.
        Critiquing only certain draft picks while ignoring the rest of them, along with UDFA and veteran pickups is what I'd call weak. As blue points out, you only show up after a loss - that's even weaker.

Comment

• Budsman
          Budsman commented
          Editing a comment
          DOWN GOES FRASIER, DOWN GOES FRASIER!!!
      • vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

Stupid list. Stupid "grade". Stupid exaggeration.

You can make that list for every other GM in the league, including the great Belichick.

The whole country knows this is one of the most talented team in the NFL, it shows on their Pro Bowl voting. The Los Angeles Chargers is among the top in number of players getting the most Pro Bowl votes so far.

Pro Bowl doesn't indicate players are HOF worthy. But you can't said the GM sucks when the players he acquired make Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl.

You seem to be forgetting:

Fluker (11)
        Teo (38)
        Verret (25)
        Watt (89)
        Mager (83)
        Tuerk (66)

All drafted in the first 3 rounds and all have been busts (two being first rounders). I would add Gordon has not lived up to his draft position and we are still waiting to see if Mike Williams ever lives up to his. I should add that we traded three 4th rounders to move up to get some of the guys on my list.

Oh, and Telesco was the guy who hired McCoy.
        Last edited by vinabolt; 12-18-2017, 10:33 AM.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Mager, back on the active roster.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Critiquing only certain draft picks while ignoring the rest of them, along with UDFA and veteran pickups is what I'd call weak. As blue points out, you only show up after a loss - that's even weaker.
            No, just pointing out his rather large failures in the draft in response to your statement: "Kind of flies in the face of Telesco doesn't have any idea on what he is doing argument!" I'm sorry but drafting Joey Bosa doesn't quite eliminate the fact that his overall draft record is pretty poor and he has had 4 picks in the top 15 in his 5 years of drafting for the Chargers. Let me simplify my question, would you draft Mike Williams again at #7? Melvin Gordon at #15? Fluker (who everyone was stunned when we did it) at #11. Traded up for Teo? Verrett at #25 when everyone said his durability was a concern? Who was right there?

I'll share a secret with you, championship teams in the NFL draft well. Telesco hasn't. He has been worse than average in his time here. Please feel free to provide evidence of your own to counter my points.

In drafting I think Allen (said at the time), Bosa (I had some doubts) and Henry (said at the time) were good picks in the top three rounds. All seem to be solid and Allen has managed to stay healthy this year.

And as for this whole "showing up only after a loss" I didn't really comment before when they were 0-4 (maybe a bit on the thread for the "haters" which Fleet shut down), I just saw your statement and found it worthy of providing an alternate opinion. I do understand that this site is now only for cheerleaders (alternate opinions are "bad") and I will admit that I do root for the Chargers to lose (coming from a SD native who will never root for an LA team and one who hopes they fail miserably in LA). I did not like the Telesco hiring at the time (said it on the board as well) but I do hope he keeps his job because I don't think he is very good at it.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

No, just pointing out his rather large failures in the draft in response to your statement: "Kind of flies in the face of Telesco doesn't have any idea on what he is doing argument!" I'm sorry but drafting Joey Bosa doesn't quite eliminate the fact that his overall draft record is pretty poor and he has had 4 picks in the top 15 in his 5 years of drafting for the Chargers. Let me simplify my question, would you draft Mike Williams again at #7? Melvin Gordon at #15? Fluker (who everyone was stunned when we did it) at #11. Traded up for Teo? Verrett at #25 when everyone said his durability was a concern? Who was right there?

I'll share a secret with you, championship teams in the NFL draft well. Telesco hasn't. He has been worse than average in his time here. Please feel free to provide evidence of your own to counter my points.

In drafting I think Allen (said at the time), Bosa (I had some doubts) and Henry (said at the time) were good picks in the top three rounds. All seem to be solid and Allen has managed to stay healthy this year.

And as for this whole "showing up only after a loss" I didn't really comment before when they were 0-4 (maybe a bit on the thread for the "haters" which Fleet shut down), I just saw your statement and found it worthy of providing an alternate opinion. I do understand that this site is now only for cheerleaders (alternate opinions are "bad") and I will admit that I do root for the Chargers to lose (coming from a SD native who will never root for an LA team and one who hopes they fail miserably in LA). I did not like the Telesco hiring at the time (said it on the board as well) but I do hope he keeps his job because I don't think he is very good at it.
              Still not buying the selectively crucifying a GM because of some missed draft picks while ignoring the rest of the roster. The roster is young and talented and is close to being very good. Still not sure about Lynn but he is a step up from McCoy. Time will tell how good of a manager he develops into.

The site isn't just for cheerleaders as there is plenty of disagreement on every aspect of the team. Fleet did decide that it is not the place for bitter people who for some reason seam to enjoy wallowing in misery. I'm glad. The people here are fans of the team and recognize the good and the bad. But we are here rooting for the team to win, not to fail. So if that offends you than I'm sure you can find other miserable people to commiserate with.

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

If we can pick out some mistakes and exaggerate them further then we basically can crucify any person on this Earth. I can list a bunch of Belichick misses. It's a stupid, petty way of "argue" and doesn't worth a penny and change the mind of no one. The only thing can come out of this type of crucifying is backlash and insult. Hey, if one is stupid enough to say dumb things in the public he can expect backlash.

Overall it's about what team you have in the present, not how many "missed" and "bust" in the past, means nothing, worthless.
                Last edited by vinabolt; 12-18-2017, 10:57 PM.
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  But yeah, this team is on a mission
                  to destroy themselves?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I guess the good thing about losing a game is it brings out the haters. So i know who clip. Nowhere to be found when we are winning. Finally have something to talk about when we lose a game. Chicken shit stuff. It always has been.

So good bye. Tired of that bullshit. Go to a hater forum. You wont have to hide until we lose to stir up shit. You can do it 24/7.

Its really telling when a Hater comes here to shit on the team and ignore one of our members personal battles. It irritates the fuck out of me.

Comment

Working...
                    X